Expertises: Mergers & Acquisitions, Energy
Prior to joining the firm as a partner, Ian OUAKNINE worked in various international law firms.
At Earth Avocats, Ian’s work focuses primarily on mergers and acquisitions and corporate law for a clientele of listed and unlisted companies, within the framework of national and international transactions. He advises industrial groups as well as investment banks, investment funds and management teams in France and abroad.
Ian is also on the board of directors of various companies in the Energy sector (Dunkerque LNG) and Sustainable Investment (INCO) sectors.
His recent transactions include:
- Advising Idex in connection with the acquisition of biomass plants;
- Advising CIRI in connection with the restructuring of Eolane;
- Advising the City of Amiens in connection with its joint venture with Total Energie regarding the creation of a photovoltaic plant;
- Advising INCO, an impact group in the context of the creation of various SSE funds with Sycomore Assets Management and Generali;
- Advising IPM Group and Samsung Asset Management in the context of the sale of EDF’s share in the capital of the Dunkirk LNG terminal;
- Advising the Korean consortium of investors led by IPM Group and Samsung AssetManagementCo. , Ltd in connection with the acquisition of EDF’s stake in the Dunkirk LNG terminal;
- Advising AREVA in connection with the restructuring and sale of 100% of FRAMATOME’s capital to EDF, MHI, and Assytem.
Member of the Paris Bar (2011)
Magistère Juriste d'Affaires-DJCE from the University of Paris 2
LLM in corporate & financial law - Hong Kong University